E-SaveUX Design, UX Research, 2019
E-Save is a Chrome extension I designed in a team of four.
Develop a solution that gives website users the option to change energy consumption/resolution of the website based on their needs.
We interviewed 13 internet users (male/female mix, 18-40 years old).
Some questions we asked include:
- Do you/have you ever used any software, plugins or settings to reduce the energy consumption of your websites? Such as ad-blocker?
- Do you normally change the quality of a video? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about autoplay?
- Are you aware of the carbon-footprint of internet use?
If a solution is built into the browser, how likely will you use it? Why? What would encourage you to use it?
A lot of people are unaware of the environmental issue of their internet-using activities. Our solution needs to raise awareness and should be easy to use
- Two features that our users are already familiar with and would not mind using are ad-blockers and the ability to stop autoplay on websites.
- People wanted to see a significant/visible impact such as how much energy they are saving by using our product.
- People are motivated by personal gains.
- They are generally not willing to compromise on the quality of videos, unless experiencing internet issues.
Interact with E-Save Prototype on Figma.